We believe that students should take pride in their personal appearance, and in membership of our Academy community.
- To promote a sense of pride in our school
- Practical and smart
- Sense of community
- Health & Safety
- To keep cost as low as possible
- Uniform and other items
All WA students are expected to wear their full uniform, in the correct way to and from school.
- The Academy Blazer and tie
- White Shirt with top button and collar
- Black Trousers or knee length Skirt
- Black, navy or grey socks with trousers: white socks or tights with skirts
- Black Leather shoes which cover and protect the top of the foot
In addition to the above we consider our uniform to include:
- School bag and equipment-see below
- Academy Planner
Wear it correctly:
- Top button on shirt is fastened
- Tie all the way up to the collar
- Tie is down to the waist
- Shirt is tucked in
- Students who do not arrive at school with all items of uniform will be sent home to get the missing items and return to school. We will contact you before we do this. Students who wear the uniform incorrectly will be given a 15-minute detention at 3.30pm on that day as part of the WA CORE policy.
Academy Planners will be provided to help students organise and record their work but it will also become compulsory for every student to bring a School Bag with them to school every day. This must be at least big enough to hold an A4 file without it being folded. As well as school books, PE kit and Academy planners, students must have at least one pen and pencil with them at all times, as well as a rubber and ruler. Anyone not having these will be expected to purchase them from the House Office.
Our Uniform Partners are Zutti & Co Oldham.
Zutti won this contract following a tendering process where we decided they provide the best quality and best value uniform for our pupils.
We strongly recommend only buying our uniform from Zutti. DIsclaimer: If you choose to purchase our uniform from other companies, their products may not meet our official uniform standards and may not be of the quality our partners provide.
81/83 Yorkshire Street
For more information call us on 0161 665 1016
Buy online with free home delivery at www.zutti.com or come into the store.
STORE OPENING HOURS
MON – WED: 9:00AM – 5:30PM
THU – SAT: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
SUNDAY: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
|Uniform Item||Cost (£)|
|Shirt / Blouse (pack of 2)||£15.00|